Creating a More User-Friendly Information Management System
An internal document and information management and retrieval system lacked an intuitive structure designed for its primary user audience. This led to frustration, use of outdated information, and content owners being overwhelmed by repeated requests for information.
- Created a new overall navigation and design approach for an internal document and information management and retrieval system
- Developed a home page designed to quickly and efficiently direct users to the information most relevant to them
- Established standardized collateral guidelines to ensure materials meet the needs of the sales team and maximize marketing team investment in products that align with the enterprise strategy
- Improved search functionality with document tagging and actively arching out of date materials
- Developed a cross-functional governing body and regular meeting cadence to review updates and identify areas of opportunity to improve the user experience